The Ultimate Shopping Tour of Hong Kong and Shenzhen is on again in 2015
Wednesday 14th October 2015- Tuesday 20th October 2015
Day 1- Wednesday 14th October
10:05 am- Flight- economy seat
Departs SYDNEY on Wednesday 14th October at 10:05AM - QANTAS 127
Arrives Hong Kong on same day at 5:20PM
Airport transfers to the Hotel (INCLUDED)- 4 Star accommodation on Hong Kong Island (Hotel TBC)
Approx 8:00pm* - Welcome cocktails and Asian Tapas at Ozone Bar (INCLUDED)
(*Time will depend on whether the flight arrives on time and the group get through customs promptly)
Loftily perched on the 118th floor of The Ritz Carlton Hotel, West Kowloon, OZONE enjoys the singular status of being the highest bar in the world. The chic design and ultramodern layout create an almost surreal ambiance, enhanced by an innovative cocktail program and an exotic Asian tapas menu. Enjoy your libations on the outdoor terrace as you take in stunning views of Victoria Harbour in one of Hong Kong’s most elite nightlife destinations.
Enjoy Kash’s favourite cocktail, The Dragontini, while you get to meet the other people in the group.
Day 2- Thursday 15th October
6:30am-9:00am: Breakfast at hotel (INCLUDED)
9:00am – Meet in Hotel lobby and leave as a group for Shenzhen
Octopus cards will be provided for the MTR to Luohu Station.
Once arrived at Shenzhen each individual will need to purchase a Visa to enter China and you must have your passport.
10:30am- Leave bags at The Shangri La, Shenzhen. If the rooms are ready an early check in may be available.
The Shangri-La Hotel is conveniently located near Luohu Commercial City so that you can drop things back to the hotel if you need or to go back and rest in between shopping.
11:00am- Shop until you drop!!! A guided tour of Luohu Commercial City with Kash O’Hara who can point you in the right direction. The shopping center is a labyrinth of stores with people shouting ‘Missy Missy’ at you to come into their store but Kash will be able to point you in the right direction as to what you need.
The first point of call is to visit the tailors if anyone would like anything custom made. They have a huge selection of fabrics and trims and they work well of pictures or designs you have in mind. They can tailor anything you may need including suits, jackets, coats, dresses etc. I always go to the tailors first so you allow them time to work on your garments and you may be able it pick it up the next day or they can send it to your hotel.
Depending on what your shopping needs are, Kash will then take you to the stores she knows and loves.
Kash has bought the following items over the years in Shenzhen:
- jewellery- bracelets, necklaces, earrings, cufflinks, watches
- clothes- dresses, tops, jackets, pants, coats, jeans
- kids clothes- there are so many cute kids clothes!
- Electrical goods
- ski gear and other sporting goods
- cushion covers and table runners
It’s easy to get lost so Kash will give you places to meet at different times (if need be) and will give you options for lunch.
Kash will allocate 1 hour one on one shopping time to each person in Shenzhen over the 2 days. If you are shopping in pairs or groups of 3 you will receive 2 hours and 3 hours respectively with Kash.
Day 3- Friday 16th October
Breakfast in Hotel (INCLUDED)
Shop until you drop at Shenzhen continues
In Kash’s experience, 1 day is never enough in Shenzhen so shopping will continue until approx. 5:00pm.
If anyone get’s tired of shopping (which we doubt because of the new found energy you find in Shenzhen to look at as many stores as possible) Kash will give you options for massages, foot massages, manicures and pedicures etc.
5:00pm (*approx.)- Leave as a group to go back to HK
(* We can be flexible with timing and if people need more time we can stay longer)
Depending on what time we arrive back to HK- Kash will give you dinner options or you may want room service in your hotel and call it a night.
Day 4- Saturday 17th October
Sleep in and have breakfast in the hotel at your leisure. (Breakfast included)
11:00am – (OPTIONS- not included in the price)
1. Shopping in HK
Depending on people’s budgets and what they’re looking for, Kash will point you in the right direction.
The Landmark- http://www.landmark.hk/english/index.aspx
The Landmark is a high end shopping centre with designers including Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Celine, Chanel, Chloe, Stella McCartney and the list continues as well as the high end department store Harvey Nichols. If you have a high end budget or if you like to look in these beautiful stores the this is for you.
IFC Mall- http://www.ifc.com.hk/en/mall/shopping.jsp
This shopping centre has a mix of high end and high street stores including Alice and Olivia, Phillip Lim, Bottega Veneta, Chloe as well as Zara, and high-end department store Lane Crawford.
Soho- Walk and shop the streets of Soho and discover cute boutiques including Buttonhole
2. Indulge in a Day Spa treatment- (NOT Included and must book)
Book into a glorious Day Spa treatment at some of the most beautiful day spas in HK including:
- Oriental Spa at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental
- Elemis Day Spa
- ESPA Peninsula Spa
Or enjoy a foot massage at one of the numerous foot spa houses at a fraction of the price. These places take walk ins.
7:30pm- (INCLUDED) Dinner at Wagyu
Unit 3, G/F Centrium Building, 60 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
Wagyu is one of the most popular restaurants in Hong Kong’s for the trendy ex-pat community. Kash loves this restaurant because of the delicious food and the openness of the restaurant so you can people watch the people in the busy street.
Continue the night at one of Soho’s trendy bars or venture down to Lang Kwai Fong for the keen party animal.
Day 5- Sunday 18th October
Breakfast in Hotel (included)
10:00am- (OPTIONAL- FREE) – A morning walk at The Peak. Catch a cab to the peak and then complete a 40min – 1hour walk. Stay and have a coffee or lunch
3:00pm (INCLUDED)- High Tea at The Peninsula
The Peninsula Hotel was created in 1928, and is Hong Kong's oldest hotel. The hotel offers a blend of the best Eastern and Western hospitality in an atmosphere of unmatched classical grandeur and timeless elegance.
Enjoy a Traditional High Tea in the hotel lobby which is one of the most famous High Teas in the world!
Dinner is not included but options will be provided. Options for bars will also be provided.
Day 6- Monday 19th October
Breakfast in Hotel (INCLUDED)
12:00pm- Yum Cha (NOT included)
A trip to Hong Kong is never complete without a Yum Cha experience.
1. City Hall Maxims place with the traditional trolleys and bamboo baskets
2. Luk Yu Tea House Stanley Street Central for their amazing dim sums!
4:30pm- HONG KONG ISLAND ACCOMMODATION TO AIRPORT TRANSFER
8:15 pm- FLIGHT
Departs Hong Kong on Monday 19th October at 8:05pm QANTAS FLIGHT 128
Arrives SYDNEY on Tuesday 20th October 2015 at 8:20am
PRICE: $3630* - twin share or $4130* single supplement
(a 1.8% fee will be added for credit card payments)
(*Price may vary slightly due to flights and accommodation prices at the time of booking- Early bookings will secure this rate)
- Return economy airfares out of Sydney with Qantas including airport taxes
- 4 nights 4* Hotel accommodation in Hong Kong
- 1 night 4* Hotel accommodation in Shenzhen
- Breakfast Daily
- Return airport transfers
- Welcome cocktails and Asian Tapas on night 1 at Ozone bar, The Ritz Carlton
- Return MTR ticket to Shenzhen
- Dinner on night 4 at Wagyu (2 course meal, beer, wine and sparkling)
- Traditional High Tea at The Peninsula Hotel on Day 5
- Style survey and style analysis by Kash O’Hara prior to the trip- The style survey will determine your body shape, colouring (warm vs cool) style, shopping needs and wants and budget for Shenzhen and for HK
- Guided tour of Luohu Commercial City, Shenzhen with Kash O’Hara
- 1 hour guaranteed one on one Stylist shop with Kash O’Hara in Shenzhen
- 1 hour (optional) stylist shop with Kash O’Hara in HK
- Unlimited questions on style, fashion, trends, fabrics, garments, places to go and things to see.
- Travel insurance- it is compulsory to obtain your own travel insurance to travel in the group
- Visa to enter China- this can be bought at the boarder
- All meals outside the inclusions
- Any activity not in the inclusions
- Shopping money!
Bookings & Enquiries
For further information or to book: Please contact
0411 166 623
About your Stylist- Kash O’Hara
Kash is a Sydney based fashion designer and personal fashion stylist with many years experience in both editorial and personal styling for both men and women. Kash has visited Hong Kong and Shenzhen for work and pleasure numerous times over the years including her trip in January 2014 to show her collection on the runway at Hong Kong Fashion Week.
Kash’s love of fashion started from a very young age having learnt the art of sewing from her grandmother at age six. Kash continued designing and creating her own clothes through her teenage years before starting her own boutique fashion label, OHARA – a quality Australian women’s ready to wear and accessory label.
From starting her own fashion label, Kash learnt even more about fabric composition, cuts of garments, designing to flatter different body shapes, trends and colour forecasting as well as styling for photo shoots and runway shows. Kash wanted to share this knowledge and starting styling for personal clients in 2007.
Kash is also a well-known speaker at fashion and styling events across Australia with audiences of 10-3000+ people.
She always makes her clients feel comfortable whilst arming them with the knowledge to have their new style live on for well beyond a day! Her enthusiasm and passion for fashion is infectious with clients often finding a new discovered love for shopping all over again.
Kash has won numerous fashion awards namely;
- Australian Best Fashion Accessory Designer Award 2009 at Fashion Palette
- FTV Online Contemporary Designer Award 2010
- G’Day USA Autumn/ Winter Collection Finalist, New York 2011
- Winner Ready to Wear, 2011 Australian Wool Fashion Awards
- 2011 Best Fashion Accessory Design at the Australian Natural Fibres Fashion Competition
Kash has also shown and styled the OHARA collections at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week and The Fashion Festival 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Magic in Los Vegas 2011, G’Day USA in New York 2011 and Hong Kong Fashion Week 2014.
Kash has styled such stars as Dannii Minogue, Rachael Finch, Lizzy Lovette, Jackie O, Lynette Bolton, Aimee Garcia (Dexter), AJ Cook (Criminal minds), Tatyana Ali (Fresh Prince of Bel Air) and has worked with such magazine’s as Grazia, Shop Til You Drop, Cleo, The Women’s Weekly and Who, as well as styling the female editors at The Daily Telegraph in 2012.
Kash loves shopping in Shenzhen and Hong Kong and she looks forward to sharing her knowledge with you. She also looks forward to helping you define your own signature style. She is passionate about making women look and feel amazing. She believes it’s important to step out feeling confident, no matter what occasion you’re heading to.
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings must be made with Kash O’Hara. The rate at the time of booking may vary slightly due to flights and accommodation. A 10% deposit is required to secure the booking and lock in the rate.
- Final bookings must be made with Kash O’Hara and paid in full prior to August 1st 2015
- There are up to 12 positions available on this trip to ensure each person receives adequate styling time with Kash and to ensure they are looked after. Positions will be reserved for the first 12 people that make enquiries.
- A 10% non-refundable payment will need to be made to secure the booking.
- The remaining 90% must be paid prior to August 1st 2015 to The Style Doctor
- Gift vouchers for www.thestyledoctor.com.au cannot be used towards this trip.
- The inclusions for the trip are those specified and anything else will be at the traveller’s expense.
- All travellers must be over 18 years of age
- All travellers require an up to date passport with over 6 months validity.
- Flights are return from Sydney. People who are living outside Sydney must make their own way to Sydney airport to fly with us or meet us in Hong Kong (a deduction from the total price can be made for your flight).
- Extended stays are permitted but must be specified prior to securing your booking and are at the expense of the traveller.
- You must be eligible to travel to Hong Kong and China (i.e. no Visa restrictions)